<Globaldust Fan Locations for Mickey Rourke Thursday, March 03, 2005

Cherokee is laying in the floor in our living room listening to "South Park", and they are treating Wal*Mart, as if it were a living thing! It is hilarious! (By the way, I never watch "South Park", but if I happen to be on the computer, I can't help it). I LOVE Wal*Mart!!!!!!!!!!!! Whenever I get a chance, I go. Oh, maybe a few times, I have felt sick enough not to go, but generally, if the girls are going, I just take some extra pain pills (Equate, extra-strength), and go on over. After all, Wal*Mart is only a block, or so away from our apartment complex. K-Mart is just on the next corner!!! I am surrounded by stores as a matter of fact!!! Mexican Markets, not those little Mom and Pop sized stores, no, huge supermarkets are right across the street! How Cherokee and I got so blessed? I just don't know! Nah, I do, GOD watches over HIS kids. amen. We live in walking distance, (for her, she pushes me all around in the ole wheelchair), of any kind of store you could want. Rite-aid, Bakery, clothing stores, liquor stores, restaurants. Even a 99 cent store! What more could we ask for? Nothing. Oh, well maybe a Bank?
Also, almost any type of fast food place you can think of, too. Burgers, mexican food, chicken, Thai, Chinese, Pizza, Weiners, (Der'), Italian, and even Subs. (but) Do we go to them? Not often, because, even though they are all right here in the neighborhood, so very very close. We just don't have the money to utilize them, very often. It's all right though, dicipline with money, is a lesson well learned by us both. When Cherokee first came up to Redding, CA., to help take care of me, (at this point, I was deteriorating from the diabetic condition I found myself in, neuropathy, and I wasn't employable, or able to take care of myself). So, we were living off of only one salary, so at that time her dad was frugal to the nth degree!! We shopped mostly at little discount stores, the 99cents stores, and at our one real joy, and treat, Wal*Mart!!!
We both soon got jobs baby-sitting though, thanks to my, and Rich's, granddaughter, Kiara, (Cherokee's niece, not her child. Who stayed to visit with us, that same summer Cherokee moved up), told a young lady (swimming in our apartment complex's swimming pool, and who), was looking for a baby sitter, that I, her not "too sick" grandmother, was licensed in child care! VERY GOOD GIRL!!! So later, we did take care of her baby boy, and a month after getting that job, I started watching yet another baby boy. Happily, we took care of these two cute little boys, together, and shared the pitious income. I was even recuperating, a bit by this time.
The other baby, (by the way), was the child of a young man that Rich and I had taken care of in one of the three, group homes we had worked for. This guy liked us both so much, that even after he left, (by graduating the program), the group home, and was out on his own, he kept in contact with us, and came over often. (Too often, really)*. Sadly, he was still so young, and unprepared for life in the real world. Still, later when he became, (unfortunately), an unwed father, he insisted on having me watch the baby, while he and "his girl", worked at different fast food outlets. *(It was funny, Cherokee couldn't stand this guy, I just don't know why, maybe cause he called her "sis"? but, he had always been VERY respectful of me, calling me, "My Queen" (!!!), yep, even while we were still at the group home. RiverOaks Ranch, much to the administrator's displeasure, I might add)! I insert here. "A funny story".
**The administrator (and she was my immediately boss) told me to "discourage" him, from calling me "My Queen", and I did ask him to "please stop"!, repeatedly, but he just wouldn't, even when the other boys laughed at him about it. He told them that I WAS a "QUEEN", and should be treated like one, damn it!!!! Whew!! He was serious about this with the other guys, and he was a "big boy", so he didn't get much back talk, to his face that is, from them either.
He never once gave Rich or me, the slightest bit of trouble though, so eventually, our boss just stopped talking to me about it, (and to him also). ** Anyway, with that small income, (the baby sitting money), we still went to the cheapest little "out of the way" stores, to buy food, and other necessary items. Wal*Mart was one of the best places to get exactly what we needed, every time! We even got extras for Kiara, coloring books, crayons, that sort of thing, for pennies!! I know that Wal*Mart doesn't have a union, and that the other bigger stores don't like their policies. Yet, it was getting to a place where the other stores were just too expensive to shop in.
We on limited incomes would no doubt "starve" without the Wal*Marts, the Big Lots, and the 99 cents stores, (or even the Dollar Stores)! They are a GOD send. Amen? Hahahahahahaha!
I laugh, but it is still true, if there had been some of these inexpensive stores around while my three children were growing up, I mean, besides second hand and thrift stores? (Which I had to use, often, for play clothes for my kids). I could have saved tons of money for such a time as this. !!! Too late to even think about that, (but oh, just if only). Smile.
~~~~~~~~~~Pamela~~~~~~~~~~~
sat down to play at 12:25 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment










ABOUT ME



name: Pamela

age: 57

profile: 6071684

comments: SPEAK TO ME

Video code provided by MusicVideoCodes.com




MY Children's SITES

Gil's Design
LaShane's Creations
Cherokee's Book Group

Plush Cafe

COOL BLOGS

Cherokee's Blog
LaShane's Blog


ARCHIVES

~~~SCRIPTURES~~~

ISAIAH 55:6

JOHN 3:16

MATTHEW 22:14

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com