<Globaldust Fan Locations for Mickey Rourke Sunday, February 06, 2005

To Thine Own Self be True

*To thine own self be true, and it must follow, as the night the day,
Thou canst not then be false to any man.
William Shakespeare

To be true to ourselves is a challenge of integrity. Do we follow the group,
association or political party? Do we do things for others because it is
expected of us or are we giving of our time and supply because we truly love our
neighbor? These are just a few of the many things we consider when it comes to
being true to ourselves.

We on this spiritual path have our worldly selves and our spiritual selves that
we must keep in tight rein if we are to stay comfortable and at peace within. My
"worldly self" often wants to take over and go with the crowd. If I succumb, it
makes me feel uncomfortable. Sometimes, it is such a small thing that I have to
dig deep, being really honest with myself to find what it is. Maybe, I was
untrue to my true self and didn't say "no" to a request that was made of me and
resentment followed for allowing myself to be "sucked in." It may be a
commitment I didn't keep, or some little thing I neglected to do. Again, being
untrue to myself.

Left to my own ego devices, I spend time searching within for the object of my
discomfort or resentment. However, when I take time to consciously acknowledge
God in all of my affairs, I am being true to not only my human, ego self, but to
my spiritual self as well. Then, I am intelligently governed because God is the
divine law of my being, Acknowledging and being at one with God always gives me
guidance and direction in all of my affairs, making it impossible for me to be
untrue to myself.

Affirmation:
I am true to myself through my conscious connection with God.

Barbara Taylor


www.agapelive.com

~~~~~~~~~~Pamela~~~~~~~~~~~
sat down to play at 10:50 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment










ABOUT ME



name: Pamela

age: 57

profile: 6071684

comments: SPEAK TO ME

Video code provided by MusicVideoCodes.com




MY Children's SITES

Gil's Design
LaShane's Creations
Cherokee's Book Group

Plush Cafe

COOL BLOGS

Cherokee's Blog
LaShane's Blog


ARCHIVES

~~~SCRIPTURES~~~

ISAIAH 55:6

JOHN 3:16

MATTHEW 22:14

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com