<Globaldust Fan Locations for Mickey Rourke Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Today is wednesday, 02/23/2005. I got up early, for me. Around 2:30 p.m., but I didn't go to sleep until nearly 11:00 a.m. I laid up in bed, and watched "Harry Potter", (the first one, about the Sorcerer's Stone). I still wasn't sleepy, so I watched the second included DVD, about the special effects in the movie, and some games. That was fun. I hate going to bed, but then I hate getting up, too. Dam-it!! I am too young, (at only 57!!!!!, to hurt 24/7). I cry for young, and little, kids, that have chronic pain!!! Yes, I really do, and hey, I did this to myself, I know. Diabetes, is (an ugly), and a sometimes "self-caused disease". Even though, I knew that several people in my mother's family had what they called, "sugar", I didn't know what the hell that even meant. They must not have known either, 'cause not one of them, (during the time I was adult enough to understand, that some illnesses ARE genetically more possible to contract), mentioned that, "bad diet choices", and even being moderately overweight, were some of the leading causes for it. Why didn't they know? My great-grandfather Strickland, had to have his leg amputated. My Aunt (also a Strickland) is in her 70s, and she has had it for over 25 years. She was a sister to my deceased mother, and two of their sisters also died relatively young, and both were diabetic. Sometimes, I just cannot talk to her, I don't even know why? I just can't. I think that she could have warned me long ago, I guess. My own parents died kinda young too. My Dad, at 41 years old. He was born with a Rheumatic heart, and lived long past the time it was thought he would live, and he fathered 7 children, to boot. My Mom, at 49 years old. She had cancer, (all over), skin, lung, breast, cervical, name it, she had it, and we didn't even know if she had diabetes. She was so sick, why even look for it??! Still she gave birth to 10 children altogether, all healthy, and bouncing babies. The only one who died before her, was our brother, Robbie, who was killed in VietNam, at 21 years old, in 1966. The rest of the nine of us are still kicking, yet, some kicking stronger than others.
Besides being anti-doctor, and pro-stupid, I just don't want to bother with my health care any longer. Maybe that sounds apathetic, (yeah, it is). I've already asked GOD to forgive me. but, I can't work up any kind of enthusiasm anymore, on getting as "healthy as I can be". I started out doing it. I worked hard at it. I took the vitamins, and the minerals, (from Dr. Julian Whitaker, who sends out these daily packs of vitamins, for the whole month in this big canister), at $50.00 a pop too. Then, I started passing kidney stones!(yes, plural)! The first thing the urologist asked was, did I take this, or that? Yes, I took this, and that, and the other, too!!, everyday! Plus at that time, I was eating strictly vegetarian, drinking diet everything, plus green tea, water by the gallon, I was working at taking care of Ryder and Malachi, so, I was exercising daily also, still I got kidney stones. 11 in four months. Then, I had to have "Extra-corporeal shockwave Lithotripsy" 'cause I had a stone in my kidney, "the size of a fifty cent piece, dense as a peach pit"!!! Lovely pain, terrific experience! No more vitamins, or minerals, though. Thank you very much. Oh no, the doctor wasn't 100% sure that they had caused the kidney stones, but, I had never had any BEFORE I started taking the packets of various vitamins and minerals. Gymna Sylvestra, Taurine, B4,B6,B12, L-Carnatine, some stuff I can't remember! Plus, I was taking liquid oxygen, (drops, in water), vitamin C, and E. I WANTED TO TAKE CARE OF MYSELF!!! You know?
For awhile, after all the stones. I couldn't walk. Let me clarify, I couldn't walk without pain. To this day, my groin hurts constantly. the urologist had to put a "stint" in my duct from my kidney to my bladder, to keep it from collapsing, that may have started that pain. I tell myself, it is all in my head. Now, there is neuropathy, 'cause I, not any doctor, stopped taking my medication, at first it was glucophage, (along with insulin, that was after I got a kidney infection right after I had been diagnosed, and I waited three weeks before I went to the hospital, 'cause I figured it was food poisoning), and I thought it was making me sick. By the time I got to the hospital, I was running 875 blood sugar readings (Md/dl).
The doctor said I should have come in in a diabetic coma. Nah. I lived. Yet that infection made me have to start using insulin. Later, a doctor in Northern CA., prescribed me some Rezulin. I refused to take it. It was recalled. People died. I tested, I took my insulin. I gained 60 or so pounds!!! Then a dietician up North, told me that I could take the insulin an hour before I ate, or two hours after I ate. I started losing the weight again. When I went to a doctor in Riverside, he put me on Actos, and in a few months, I gained back like 40lbs.,or more. I have stopped taking that stuff too. Well, I have stopped taking all of the medication he prescribed for me. Except the insulin! I know I still need that. I just balked at being this "trial and error" experiment to him. I once went to an alternative practicioner in Grand Terrace, CA., around 2001, and had the "drip", (it was just hydrogen peroxide). And he gave me vitamin B12 shots, and sugar buster pills, but those treatments cost so much!!! Before I knew it, I was over $400.00 in debt, and making "only $15.00 a month", payments was keeping me there! I don't know if it helped me anyway? I lost alot of weight, 'cause his diet didn't let you eat anything!!! No potatoes, no bread, (except 7th Day Adventist Sprouted Wheat Bread, which I had never heard of), no carrots, no tomatoes, everything was, in his opinion,
"too much starch, too much sugar"!!! I quit going to him, but I did pay off my debt!! Yaah, me!!! Anyway, now I travel over the internet, 'cause, it hurts to walk, to ride in my wheelchair, to sit, to stand, everything! Yet, I don't give up. I still get to travel everywhere!!! (and read foreign people's blogs), I comment on some, others I just read and shake my head at, some people will even answer me back, which I find sooooo cool! I like that, and, I have met lots of CRAZY folk too. Smile. Hey y'all Everybody.
~~~~~~~~~~Pamela~~~~~~~~~~~
sat down to play at 7:13 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment










ABOUT ME



name: Pamela

age: 57

profile: 6071684

comments: SPEAK TO ME

Video code provided by MusicVideoCodes.com




MY Children's SITES

Gil's Design
LaShane's Creations
Cherokee's Book Group

Plush Cafe

COOL BLOGS

Cherokee's Blog
LaShane's Blog


ARCHIVES

~~~SCRIPTURES~~~

ISAIAH 55:6

JOHN 3:16

MATTHEW 22:14

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com