<Globaldust Fan Locations for Mickey Rourke Monday, February 14, 2005

Today is a day for "Lovers". I hope that people who have someone that loves them, realise what a wonderful thing that love is. Why does it sometime turn to something so fearful and awful? You can love someone, yet hate the person that they are, or have become? That is so sad, isn't it? GOD loves us with an "everlasting love". Why can't we as HIS children, do the same? People don't really change, do they? Isn't it just that they stop making you feel the way you used to when you were first together? When I first met my husband, Rich, he made me feel as of I were the olny person in the world. We would talk for hours, on the telephone, and he would ask, what I wanted to do with my life, what I wanted to be when I got older. Of course I did the same for him. I can remember telling him that I didn't care where we lived as long as we could be together! How naive that sounds now! I remember him making me cry, often, because he said he had met someone new! He would just do it to tease me! Why are some people so cruel? We eventually married, and I should have known better, but I didn't. I have to confess, that even after 34 years, I still love him. We were not good together, but we decided to stay together, for the long haul, and even though we are separated by many miles, I don't feel any different towards him. I think about him every morning, and every day through, and every night. The thing is, I don't think he does the same about me. He is a very independet person, and doesn't seem to need people, even relatives in his life, as long as he has a chess set, and a TV? He's set. I guess you could say, we were exact opposites, which is suppose to be the idea couple? I don't think so. When I was younger, my own Mother, told me that it is better when the other person loves you more than you love them. It's harder to get hurt that way. Why would anyone spend their time with someone that they don't love with their whole mind, soul, heart and body? I think that is a total waste of time. Like so many "soap operas", which I hate!!! Marrying someone you don't love, 'cause the person that you really love, loves someone else? (On the soaps, it's usually your own sister)!!! Then you go through the roof, trying to make the other person jealous, and treat your spouse like trash, due to the fact that you don't feel any love for them in the first place?
Sickening stuff. Until I met my husband. I thought that I was "n love", with someone else! I told myself, that I wouldn't ever marry anyone, because the guy that I loved didn't feel that way about me. I had already had a child by someone else, whom I didn't love, but whom I thought would be an excellent choice of a father, because he was so incredible,intelligent, (and handsome), I was right about that, our son is also incredible,intelligent and handsome!!! Yet, I was so clinical in my operations! I never thought I would marry, I told Rich so. I saw marriage as a farce, and too much trouble! Which it did turn out to be, for us. Love, however is still pure and true. Love doesn't mean that the person does whatever you want them to do. Love doesn't mean that someone spends all their time and energy making you happy, and comfortable. I truly believe that love is,when you want the other person, that you think you love, to be happy and content, safe and comfortable, even if it doesn't have anything to do with you! It would be magic, if they felt that same way towards you. Yet, it doesn't have to be reciprocal! When there is love, it just wants the best, hopes for the best, and seeks the best, for the other person. When you feel that the other person should do for you, what you want to do for them, that is just desire, not love. Selfish desire. Most people are so confused, I include myself in that statement also. I thought when my husband said he loved me. That he meant the person that I was. He really meant that he loved the person that I allowed him to be, when he was with me. The one in charge, the one who made the plans, and set the tone of the date, the tone of our lives together. I had nothing to do with that, I was just there, as his "yes-person". When I tried to assert myself, and have my own opinions, he forbade that, and punished me accordingly. Love is still the same sweet emotion, though. It never changes. Valentines day is still a day for lovers. Whether people understand the meaning behind the word, now, that is a totally different story. Love is a verb.
~~~~~~~~~~Pamela~~~~~~~~~~~
sat down to play at 2:09 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment










ABOUT ME



name: Pamela

age: 57

profile: 6071684

comments: SPEAK TO ME

Video code provided by MusicVideoCodes.com




MY Children's SITES

Gil's Design
LaShane's Creations
Cherokee's Book Group

Plush Cafe

COOL BLOGS

Cherokee's Blog
LaShane's Blog


ARCHIVES

~~~SCRIPTURES~~~

ISAIAH 55:6

JOHN 3:16

MATTHEW 22:14

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com