<Globaldust Fan Locations for Mickey Rourke Thursday, January 13, 2005

Today, thursday, January 13th, 2005, I went back to see my doctor. Bahaa Girgis, a very handsome Egyptian man. He took well my decision to stop taking all the perscription medications he had deemed necessary for me previously, but turns around and gives me another perscription! I have medical problems, sure, but I refuse to be medicated out of my mind! I do that (go out of my mind), quite nicely on my own, without drugs. (smile).
I hadn't seen him since September, 2004. At that time he had added three medications to my arsenal, but they weren't fighting the problems I was having, they were adding to them. Finally, (duh)! In November of the same year, I said, "Fuggidaboudit". I decided right then, I am not taking all of this "poison" anymore! I kept the insulin, 'cause I normally have high blood sugar readings. Why, I don't know. I don't overeat carbohydrates, and I never, (or rarely), use sugar in anything. Okay? and I have given up bread too! Cherokee ( my youngest daughter), and I made that our New Year's resolution, what about that? I can't go veggie only, I tried that once, and almost gagged when, after an entire year of veggies only, my daughter made me a wonderful salad, that should have made me do handstands. I had cried, "meat, give me some meat, please"!!!
All of this, the diabetes, the cataracts, the sight loss, the osteoporosis, the neuropathy, the aches, the pains, the headaches, the watching what I eat, the testing my blood sugars three times a day, with kidney stones (11 in all), on top of all of the other stuff, all of it, is a pain in the butt!!! What is pain, anyway, but a walk in reality?
This year, I am going to take my health into my own hands. "Didn't that kinda get you into the condition you are in now"? You might ask. Well, no. It was the lack of focus on my health, that got me into the shape that I am in now. Growing up, I NEVER voluntarily went to a doctor! Whatever went wrong, I took care of it myself. Then again, I always bought the cheapest foods, heavy on the potatoes, the macaroni, the rice. Loads of cookies, cakes, pies, breads. Summer was sandwiches and chips time. Spaghetti was a staple. Tacos, burritos, and I'm talking "home made", that doesn't begin to cover take-out! Wow, the gallons of Kool-Aid! I fought for having milk in the house. Milk does a body good? Yeah, right, if you're a baby calf! All it does to the rest of us is add on the pounds! Why only use the butter the recipe calls for, a bit more doesn't hurt, does it?, and more makes things "more tasty", right?
I didn't know what I was doing, to myself, or to my husband and our three kids. I thought that this was being a good cook, just like my Mamma was. I thank GOD that I was the only one, (so far), of the five of us diagnosed with diabetes! When my well fed family said, "Oh boy, Mom's fried chicken"! I was so happy. Cornbread that tasted like cake? My speciality. Oh, I didn't leave out vegetables, corn on the cob, dripping with butter! Then I'd dice the other veggies up and add them in other dishes. String beans (and cheese) hidden in the middle of the meat loaf, ummmm, yummy. Whole kernel corn always went with pasta! Sweet carrots with roast and mashed potatoes, load on the gravy, of course. Of my eight living siblings, only two of us are struggling with the diabetic gene passed on down to us, from the ancestors. How that happened, is a mystery to this day! Not that I'd wish anything bad on them though.
Don't even get me started! Where was Adkins back then? Where was Carb simple? No, I can't blame those systems, I can only blame myself. So, now, I have to live with the bad choices I made all those years ago. I'm back to salads, steamed veggies, 1/3 of a cup of pasta, or rice, or grits. Lots less salt, butter, ( or margarine), more sugar-free anything! We're all dying one day at a time. Isn't that right?
Some of us just speed things up with a knife, fork, and spoon!
~~~~~~~~~~Pamela~~~~~~~~~~~
sat down to play at 4:37 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment










ABOUT ME



name: Pamela

age: 57

profile: 6071684

comments: SPEAK TO ME

Video code provided by MusicVideoCodes.com




MY Children's SITES

Gil's Design
LaShane's Creations
Cherokee's Book Group

Plush Cafe

COOL BLOGS

Cherokee's Blog
LaShane's Blog


ARCHIVES

~~~SCRIPTURES~~~

ISAIAH 55:6

JOHN 3:16

MATTHEW 22:14

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com