<Globaldust Fan Locations for Mickey Rourke Monday, January 17, 2005

Did I miss yesterday? I don't remember! Today is sunday, and I was reading other people's blogs, (I told you, didn't I? I am nosy), anyways, I came upon this blog that a guy had written, and he was jazzed about a comment that some girl had posted on his blog. He said that she shouldn't have posted on his blog, because, 1. She wasn't a friend. 2. She shouldn't have been reading his blog, in the first place! Whoa! This is an open forum, isn't it? I see up in the right hand corner of my blog, "next blog". So, I click on that and it goes to some strangers blog. Some times I read it, sometimes I don't. It just depends on if I am looking for something specific. Like a really humorous site, or one with nice photos? You know, whatever catches my fancy. I jumped right off his blog, after reading that, I felt like he could see me, sticking my nose where it didn't belong! His blog. Whew, am I glad that he put that on his blog. I totally wouldn't have known that there was a "protocol" to blog viewing!!! 'Scuze me, sorry! (Smile). Now, I want to announce to anyone who just surfs past my (my own personal), blog. READ away. Friend or Foe. Foreign or Domestic. I don't care who, (whom)?, you are. I am not making anything up, (maybe later), I am not lying, (yet). So read at your leisure.
I have a totally uninteresting life, but I like to write. I can go on and on for virtually forever talking (writing), about almost nothing, and everything. I like to have an audience, too. Not in reality, but virtually. I love playing with words. I use www.dictionary.com nearly everyday, just to look up some word that comes up in my "in house" conversations. By "in house", I mean when I am talking to myself. My Momma used to say that she "talked to herself", when she wanted some intelligent conversation! Let me tell you, both she and my father were wordsmiths. It was a favorite past time of theirs to bandy words back and forth, that their children weren't sophisticated enough, at the time, to understand! It motivated me to start reading the dictionary at least by the time I was 10 years old. I never wanted to use slang or colloquialisms, but I had to learn to "go with the flow", of changing urban sociolinguistics, just to fit in. I decided by the time I was 13, that no-one in my small sphere of environment, wanted to befriend a "nerd", or as they called me at the time, "a schoolgirl". Oh, I learned to talk slang with the best of them. Still at home, it was my choice to cling to my idiosyncratic correctness of speech. I made it through most of my school days as an accepted member of the "ghetto crowd", all the while inwardly, and secretly cringing, at the absolute cacophony of their normal verbiage. I never told any of my friends, and so, they never knew, I was secretly a "language snob".
My kids and my nieces and nephews got "it" though. I constantly corrected them, not out of superiority, or to show them my knowledge, but to make it so that they were not called to task for their mistakes, at school, or in social settings. It can be embarrasing to have it said that you don't know, how to talk. I absolutely know that we don't speak "the King's English", we speak a bastardised version, totally American, in composition and syntax. Yet, I feel we should be able to talk "that", in the best possible way. Now, though, it isn't so important. Teacher's are advocating that children learn phonetically. Ahhh, what a world we live in. If you can't do it the way they used to do it, change it to make it easier. In a way, I agree that children have so much stress on their young lives, and that if we can make certain things easier, then by all means, do that. I just like to talk about the "old days". I wouldn't really want to go back there, with the knowledge of these present times, if I went back, I would want to go back just as naive, as I started out before.

~~~~~~~~~~Pamela~~~~~~~~~~~
sat down to play at 2:08 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment










ABOUT ME



name: Pamela

age: 57

profile: 6071684

comments: SPEAK TO ME

Video code provided by MusicVideoCodes.com




MY Children's SITES

Gil's Design
LaShane's Creations
Cherokee's Book Group

Plush Cafe

COOL BLOGS

Cherokee's Blog
LaShane's Blog


ARCHIVES

~~~SCRIPTURES~~~

ISAIAH 55:6

JOHN 3:16

MATTHEW 22:14

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com